Concern for Independent Living, Inc. is a non-profit agency committed to helping individuals and families to live in the community with dignity and enhanced opportunities through the provision of housing and support services. We are one of the largest housing agencies of this kind in New York State, currently serving approximately 1,300 individuals and families in over 240 locations. Concern offers a variety of housing options with individualized support services designed to support personal growth and independence.
Concern for Independent Living is seeking a Recruiter to be primarily responsible for all aspects of recruitment processes across all agency programs and departments. Supports and promotes professional growth within the organization to retain staff. Has the goal of effectively and efficiently attracting talent and filling positions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with senior administration and hiring managers to identify personnel needs, workforce planning strategies, and search assignments.
- Advertise job openings with electronic job boards, social media networks, local papers, employment agencies, colleges, and network through industry associations.
- Maintain and send out Open Positions report weekly agency wide. Provide updates to Executive staff.
- Attend job fairs, collaborate with Employment Coordinator, Department of Labor, and other applicable recruitment sources.
- Screen resumes and conduct preliminary telephone screenings communicating agency background and promoting benefits during screening process. Evaluate if applicant meets position requirements through phone manner, experience, credentials and salary.
- Make recommendations and coordinate interviews with hiring managers as needed, and follow up on all interview process statuses.
- Process interns and volunteers according to agency policy.
- Send ‘No Thank You' notice to applicants not selected after interview.
- Conduct/request all required background checks for job candidates including professional references, motor vehicle check, degree verification, criminal background and staff exclusion list checks.
- Attend all meetings that pertain to recruitment, i.e.; strategic planning, CARF, staff forums, etc.
- Maintain and update job descriptions as needed.
- Remain current on the Agency's organizational structure, personnel policies, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Perform other related duties as required in support of the day-to-day administration and operations of the Human Resources Department.
- Remain current with all Agency required compliance documents and trainings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred or commensurate administrative, recruitment, or human resources experience. Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills. Good computer and phone skills. Experience with applicant tracking systems a plus. Energetic and positive demeanor. Organize and prioritize high volume. Ability to confidently confer with and make recommendations to senior managers regarding staffing needs.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.